Brush Creek Area 1 Neighborhood Sewer Rehabilitation: Existing Data Review
EAE reviewed pipe locations, known chronic water-in-basement areas, and CCTV inspection forms and condition assessments to prioritize pipes for further review in accordance with KCMO's Neighborhood Sewer Rehabilitation – Risk Based Prioritization and Rehabilitation Recommendation Technical Memorandum, December 2015. An Access database was used to record the reviews of each prioritized pipe segment. Key elements:
- Five EAE National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) Pipeline Assessment Certification Program (PACP®) and Manhole Assessment Certification (MACP®) certified staff participated in reviews of CCTV footage of prioritized pipe segments.
- Recommendations were provided for point repairs for localized defects and complete pipe segment replacement or Cured-In-Place Pipe (CIPP) lining based on the observed pipe structural condition.
- Laterals and intruding laterals were identified and recommended for open-cut repair or full wrap short liner, as necessary.
- The KCMO GIS system was accessed to compare pipe sizes documented in the GIS system versus photographs of measurements taken during the CCTV surveys.
- An updated ArcGIS 10.x geodatabase was developed following the KCMO geodatabase schema incorporating information from the CCTV review, pipe size verification, smoke testing, and dye testing performed by others.